I know those that know me know that I am a numbers freak. What can I say, but I just couldn’t resist any longer…. The next time someone tells you that you obviously are a hypocrite for supporting the pro-life movement because you would rather see a rape victim be forced to have a baby than let justice be served and let her emotionally heal by aborting the "fetus," let them know they are the hypocrite because you are more likely to die by freak house accident or some type of natural disaster than to get pregnant after a rape... and here is why...
In August 1995, the US Justice Department completed a study stating that there were 170,000 completed rapes that year. Some reports state that only 56% of rapes are reported. Therefore, let’s increase 170,000 to 200,000 (we wouldn’t want to miss anyone) then add in the remaining 44% that were under-reported. That makes our 170,000 US Justice Department estimate go 288,000 rapes a year. (This is NOT the time to be conservative)
· So out of the 288,000, 1/3 were either too old or too young to get pregnant. That leaves 190,000 at risk for pregnancy. (Yes, I will be rounding UP as I move forward)
- · A woman is capable of being fertilized only 3 days out of a 30 day month. I say, lets bump this to 5 to accommodate the low percentage of woman that are fertile longer than 3 days… and for leap year, etc… Those 5 days represent 16.5% of the month. Therefore, lets take the 190,000 rape victims and multiple by 16.5%. Now we have 31,350 women who were when they are fertile.
- · One fourth of all women in the United States of childbearing age have been sterilized. Therefore the remaining ¾’s leaves us with 23,513 women.
- · 50% of assailants actually penetrate her body (According to the New England Journal of Medicine) and/or deposit sperm in her vagina. So this now leaves us with 11,757 women.
- · 15% of men are sterile. Now we have 9,993 women.
- · 15% of non-surgically sterilized women are naturally sterile. 7,495 women.
- · ANOTHER 15% are either on RX Contraceptives or are currently pregnant. 5,621 women.
- · The average miscarry rate (not taking into account any “conservative” excuses like trauma, physical harm, emotional harm, ripping, tearing, bruising, etc…) is 15%. So now we have 421 pregnant women.
Side note – everyone knows (especially women) how everyday stress can affect her period. It often makes women skip periods or have much shorter periods because of the hormones our body produces when they are in a period of high stress. But, since there has been no study I could find on the internet from a government or non-secular organization, we will pretend that women have perfect cycles all the time… like clockwork.
So in the United States, when there are 6,000,000 pregnancies a year, rape accounts for .00007% of all pregnancies annually. (6,000,000 divided by 421)
Finally, since 80% of all victims during a rape were under the influence of alcohol, maybe we should focus on how to prevent rape instead of using the worst moments of a females life to promote abortion. And harassing pro-life people by telling them that they hate women and women’s rights and that their religion is old fashioned and insane, and that they actually promote the murder and rape of innocent women… I guess that there is a chance that you are .00007% right. Hey, at least there is a chance.